Thursday 28 May 2009

Karl's Chassé into Ballet

Hallelujah! Two of my favourite things - ballet and Chanel - are due to combine in just a matter of days...

Chanel has announced that Karl Lagerfeld secretly created a costume for The Dying Swan for the English National Ballet's performance at Sadler's Wells in June.


The incredible Miss Glurdjidze will be wearing the outfit and even treated Lagerfeld to a private performance at her final fitting. Oh to be a fly on that wall!


Lagerfeld has revealed himself as a ballet lover, saying he has long been influenced by the costumes of prima ballerinas: "As a child I was already impressed by old images of Anna Pavlova dancing the ballet," he revealed, adding that, "the Ballet Russes were an influence for me".


Judging from the picture I found, he is quite the mover himself...is there no end to the man's talents?!


Fellow fashionistas will know that Lagerfeld is not the first designer to pas de bourrée into the world of ballet. Coco Chanel designed costumes for a select group of ballet companies in the 1920s.


Dolly Girl is so ridiculously excited about the prospect of this partnership. I just wish I had tickets to the performance! In fact, I would even happily give up a pair of Galliano shoes for such a privilege...

No comments:

Post a Comment